Paul Simon – The Boxer (with Bob Weir) – Outside Lands 2019, San Francisco
Paul Simon – The Boxer (with Bob Weir) – San Francisco, Live, Outside Lands 2019, Sun. 8-11-19, Golden Gate Park, 1st row. Paul: We’ve been friends ever since (1967). But actually, this is our first duet!
Paul Simon retired from touring last year, but he remained open to one-off performances to benefit causes that mean a lot to him. For OSL, Paul chose the San Francisco Parks Alliance and Friends of the Urban Forest. Paul also performed A Very Special Outside Lands Pop-Up Show 2 nights earlier at the Fox Theater in Oakland. The last time he performed in the SF Bay Area was last year for the Homeward Bound – The Farewell Tour at Oracle Arena. Everybody was excited to see him (again!).
Simon: Well I have an old friend who is coming out to join me tonight… I met him in 1967… I was coming up to the Haight-Ashbury to invite The Grateful Dead to join the Monterey Pop Festival. I knocked on the door of their house, and Bob Weir opened the door… and we’ve been friends ever since! But actually, this is our first duet!
1. Late in the Evening
2. The Boy in the Bubble
3. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
4. Dazzling Blue
5. That Was Your Mother
6. Mother and Child Reunion
7. Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard
8. Rene and Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After the War (with yMusic)
9. Can’t Run But (with yMusic)
10. Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel song) (with yMusic)
11. The Obvious Child
13. Spirit Voices
14. The Cool, Cool River
15. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
16. You Can Call Me Al
18. Still Crazy After All These Years
19. The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel song) (with Bob Weir)
20. American Tune
21. The Sound of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel song)
Judah & the Lion